Sunday, May 19, 2013

We bought a house...

To quote Sarah Richardson from the HGTV show, Sarah's House, "I bought a house."  This statement is said in Sarah's remarkably adorable Canadian accent.  The premise of her show is the purchase of an older home that needs some of her personal touches to make the house spectacular.  This show is one of mine and my husband Michael's favorites.  As of April 26th, my husband and I became first-time homeowners.  We work incredibly well together, and love taking on home improvement projects.  Our house is already pretty fantastic, but we have a very modern/retro decorating style.  It is our goal to make or 1950's Ranch Style house look more mid-century modern.  We have already taken on several large projects, and would like to keep track of our progress in this blog. 

Our house

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back blog friend! Excited to see your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you two are so cute... and I can't wait to see the house since I LOVE LOVE LOVE Ikea and I'm sure that's a huge inspiration. :-)

    ReplyDelete